Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Last Scene of All

Touchstone (Philip Eoute) rants to Will-Yum (Paul Michael Garrison) while Audrey (Nikki Eoute) attends.
Just put another show in the box last weekend. The Greenville Shakespeare Company finished a 16-performance run of As You Like It with two shows Friday and Saturday nights. These shows are designed in what might be called my Early Goodwill period. I enjoy the stretch to put a play on the boards with a very limited budget since that is what I expect many of my students will have to do when they leave school. We stitch, dye, paint, and combine clothing bits and pieces to come up with what I hope is a semi-cohesive whole. As with a high-budget show, color plays a huge role in making the show seem unified. One of the costume pieces we got the most comments on this year was Touchstone's (Philip Eoute) motley/pied pants. They were a pair of blue window-pane men's linen dress pants hand-painted with orange and green designs and hemmed quite high. I hope they said "clown" without screaming "court jester." Add lime green high tops and what more do you need?

No comments:

Post a Comment