Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Deep-Revolving Witty Buckingham

Design Rule #1: Make your producer look good.
I am very happy to have as part of this year's (might I say epic?) cast the show's producer, Dr. Darren Lawson. You may know that Darren is the Dean of Fine Arts and Communication at Bob Jones University, but did you know that Darren and I shared an apartment in grad school in the 80s? We have that special bond that comes only from having had another apartment mate who occupied our common living room every Saturday afternoon watching WWF. (That's pro wrestling for you unsophisticated folks.) But I digress.

Darren is playing the part of the Duke of Buckingham (Richard III's cousin) in our production. He has been relentless (in a good way) about trying to nail down who his character is and how his character changes throughout the story. 

In real life, as a husband, father (of a Bruin soccer goalie), and dean, Darren wears many hats. I'm so glad he decided to put on Buckingham's hat for this production. 

(No, Barb, I'm not adding an extra hat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment